Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Thinking PINK . . .

MORNING!!

Did you get involved in the Crafty Secrets Linky Party yesterday?
You have till the end of the week ... be sure to pop over!  
You could win the big $50 prize!!!

Today I've created a card for you using a new butterfly technique I learned recently from my friend Joan Fricker (former owner of Joan's Gardens ... now owned by Terri ... Joan's enjoying retirement and Florida sunshine!)


The theme for today's card, THINK PINK, fits the current challenge over on the Classy Cards n Such website.  You'll want to be sure to check out this fun challenge too!  Isn't this butterfly awesome?  And so easy too! 







 I didn't think to make a little tutorial for you until after I had my card done so I quickly put one together using different design paper ... just so you could see the technique.
EASY AS 1 - 2 - 3 

STEP 1:
It's best if you use a larger pattern for the top layers AND a smaller pattern for the bottom layers.
Using a 'solid' butterfly punch (or die) ... cut 3 large print & 3 smaller print butterflies. (I used an EK Success butterfly punch.)


STEP 2:
Using a stylus, condition the butterflies so the paper fibers are more pliable (like when making flowers).









STEP 3:
Stack them with the smaller print on the bottom.  Using a paper piercer, lay your stacked butterflies on a foam mat and punch two holes where you can STITCH them together with twine, tying them in a knot on the underside ... or you could probably even stitch them by machine in the center.








VIOLA!
And, the nice thing is this butterfly will lay flat for mailing!  That's a PLUS!!

I hope you'll give this a try and if you do, I'd LOVE to SEE YOUR PROJECT ... please come back and leave me a comment/link so I can take a peek!

Well, play time is over for me today!
Guess I probably should show my loving home some loving attention by doing some cleaning!

Here's a few additional challenges I'd like to enter into:
Stamping Sensations February Challenge - Wings, Fantasy/Fiction

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for all your encouraging comments!!


Recipe for today's card:
Papers:  Hot Pink cs, SU Old Olive cs, White cs, KaiserCraft 'The Lake House' dp
Accessories:  EK Success butterfly punch, Cottage Cutz  #506 Ivy, Impression Obsession 'Grass Border', Memory Box 'Geneva Vine' #98595, the Paper Studio paper flowers, Stickles, pop dots, Crimper


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous pretty pink card!!! The butterfly is awesome....haven't tried it yet, but you have inspired me to give it a go!! Thank you for joining us this week at CCNS with your lovely creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Love the butterfly and all the pink! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Darlene this is beautiful! Thank you for showing us how you did this. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards n Such!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great butterfly Darlene. It makes for such a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A totally delightful card for our Wings theme Darlene and the butterfly is beautiful.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing your card at Classy Cards 'n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Darlene!!! I need to try that butterfly too!! Thanks for playing along with us in the Classy Cards 'n Such challenge!

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene, I love your project and especially the fabulous butterfly. Thanks for the tutorial, you have definitely inspired me to give this a go! Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations

    Francesca x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.