Sunday, June 15, 2014

Where does the time go?

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all those dad's out there!
My kids are all out and about enjoying their weekend so Mark & I are just enjoying the beautiful weather we are having and going to do some grilling a little later for our dinner.

I've been SO BUSY lately with this & that but I wanted to make sure I made time to create a special card for the little neighbor girl, Emily, who turns 10 next weekend.  We are blessed with two of the cutest little girls next door and it's been so much fun watching them grow and to be invited to their family birthday parties each year is another wonderful blessing!


I always try to make a SPECIAL CARD for Emily & Olivia since they know that's what I spend most of my time doing ... making cards!  LOL!  Recently I learned how to make the twisted easel and double easel cards (thanks Gretchen!) so thought that would be a nice surprise for Ms. Emily.

If you follow my blog, you've seen this young ladies show up from time to time.  Olivia was 1 1/2 or 2 when we moved here and Emily was born while her dad was constructing a deck on the back of our house (he timed it that way so he'd be close by when Emily decided to make her grand entrance!).


They are growing up SO FAST and turning into such beautiful young ladies!

When they were younger I used to snap photos of them from time to time when they were outside playing.  Emily was always more than happy to 'SMILE FOR THE CAMERA'.  I found this photo of "M" when she was just a 'peanut' and did a little fussy cutting so I could use it along with a more recent photo on her.  She loves Pink & Red and always has a flower in her hair (hence the handmade flower on the front cover).

Haven't figured out where I'm going to stash her Birthday $$$ yet but I'm sure I'll figure it out!  Don't want to hide it too well ... last year I hid it so well she thought she only got a card for her birthday!  LOL!  Can't have that!

Here are a few challenges I'd like to enter into today:
Creatalicious Challenge #64 - Happy Birthday
A Creative Romance - Anything Goes with Option of Happy Birthday
Everybody Art Challenge - Another Card Form

Thanks so much for stopping by!
It's always wonderful to have you visit and leave a comment!
ENJOY YOUR DAY!

Recipe:
Papers:  Pink Bazzil cs, Black cs, Reflections Red/White Polka Dot dp, 
Stamps/Ink:  SU More Mustard, Versafine Black, Inkadinkado, Impression Obsession
Dies:  Memory Box 'Party Music' #98757, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Happy' #B226, 'Birthday' #B231, 'Shasta Daisy' #B310, Heartfelt Creations 'Classic Leaf' #HCD 736, Memory Box 'Parker Numbers' #98365
Accessories:  WeR Memory Keepers 'Envelope Punch Board', Disney Stickers and Rub-Ons, Fiskars swivel craft knife, Velcro, Kaiser pearl, PunchBunch Flower Making Kit, McGill forming mat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.