Thursday, July 17, 2014

Do What You Love!

Happy Day Everyone!
Today's card extends some really good advice  ...  at least I think so!
"DO WHAT YOU LOVE!"



My friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) is a guest designer for the current challenge at the Butterfly Challenge blog and inspired me to play along in their 'Spots & Stripes + your butterfly' challenge.
This card was a really quick put together since I have several purple butterflies already die cut and in a container that I made for my neighbor's baby shower a few months back.  And, it seemed that every time I was in need of a striped or polka dotted paper, I couldn't find one so ... I purposely stopped at the local craft store recently and bought a couple different paper packs with ONLY stripes & dots for those occasions.
The background paper on this card is actually more of a plum/raspberry color but for some reason my camera just doesn't like to give me truer color on purples.  Always wants to go more to the blue or red ... oh well, whatever.  'Don't sweat the small stuff ... right!'

I was also able to use up a few 'scraps' that were laying on the worktable.  
  • The sentiment panel is from the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Designs 'Spanish Collection - Seville' (CED1203) that I had die cut for another card then decided to do it in another color.
  • The Spellbinder classic ovals were in my 'extra circles & ovals' box.
  • As I said ... still have several different sizes and shades of purple butterflies from the shower.
Always a good thing to be able to use up some of those scraps.

Here are a few other challenges to share in:
Creatalicious Challenges - Monochromatic
TokBobok #14 - Monochromatic
Crafting By Designs Challenge - Use a Sentiment
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Spots and Dots
Word Art Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you're having a great day!  Please stop back tomorrow when a have a fun Crafty Secrets project to share with you!
I'm working again this afternoon at the JoAnn Fabrics Headquarters so better cut this short and get moving!  Happy Day All!

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, American Crafts 'Dots & Stripes' dp
Accessories:  Paper Smooches 'Group Hugs' clear stamp set, Versafine Onyx ink,  Bakers Twine, Kaiser pearls, Cheery Lynn Designs butterfly dies, pop dots, Spellbinder Classic oval dies, Creative Expressions Sue Wilson Designs 'Spanish Collection - Seville' die set (CED1203)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.