Friday, July 4, 2014

What a wonderful day!!!

AGAIN ... HAPPY 4th of JULY to all my USA friends!
It's going to be pretty quiet (with the exception of fireworks of course) around here this 4th of July weekend, but I was thrilled to be able to actually start my weekend off early with a visit from my daughter and 3 of her friends yesterday for a day of friendship and crafting.

None of these ladies (except my daughter of course, lol) had ever been to our home so I was thrilled to share this beautiful home we've been blessed with and can't tell you what an uplifting day it was!  For all of us I think!  

 After a wonderful snack lunch consisting of Edamame Dip/crackers (recipe can be found by clicking on the recipes/canning tab above), Artichoke Dip on Ciabatta bread, Jarlsberg Swiss spread/crackers, Strawberries, Bing Cherries AND a glass of wine (your choice ... red or white, lol) ... we headed to the 'cave' and got busy creating!

I wish I had taken photos of everyone standing around the kitchen island at lunch time!  The food was great but the chitter-chatter was even better!


Carolyn (my daughter - 1st photo) is very crafty but just doesn't have the time to PLAY with owning her own business, an active family and a small farm that keeps her jumping!  So glad she took the day off to play!!

Two of these lovely ladies (l.-r.  Jackie & Teresa) are scrapbookers and actually that is where I met them.  We used to all get together and 'crop' when my daughter was selling Creative Memories and had a little house called 'The Cropping Cottage' where we would gather for a full day of scrapbooking run once a month.  That is until LIFE got in the way and we had to disburse ...

And here's Sandy!  I don't think Sandy scrapbooks and I know she doesn't make cards (routinely) but she is surely a talented lady in her own right!  Not only in the medical field but I've seen some of her 'handy work' and it's FABULOUS!

I had so much fun introducing these ladies to the world of cardmaking and all my STUFF.  I told them to bring NOTHING but themselves since I had plenty to share and we would figure out what to do once they were here.

The project we decided to play with was a STEP CARD using the Cheery Lynn Designs step card die.  They are new to the die cutting world so they were amazed with this clever creation!

I had actually started on a step card for the new challenge at Joan's Touch so this idea worked perfectly.  I wish I had taken photos of their finished cards.  So DIFFERENT one from the other and all were FANTASTIC!!!  
Here is my card for Joan's Touch where the requirements are:  Use pink, green & white ... Use a circle ... Flowers (homemade or purchased) ... and something from Joan's Gardens.



I decided to make my flowers the focus of the card.  This way it can be used for a variety of occasions!  I really love playing in Joan's challenges because she gives me all the guidelines ... I just simply start 'throwing stuff together!'  LOL


Recipe for my card:
Papers:  Pink Bazzill, Mint green cs, Hunter green cs, White cs, First Edition Paper 'Love Letters' dp
Accessories:  Kaiser pearls, Poppy Stamps #1023 'Massa Leaf Outline', Marianne #LR0116 'Frame & Swirls', Cheery Lynn Designs #B147 'Olive Branches, #B387 'Tiny Fanciful Flourishes', #291 'Mini Fanciful Flourish Reverse', #B310 'Shasta Daisy Strip', #DL276 'Mandy Doily', and #B348 'Step Card'

A few challenges to share in:
Artbymiran Challenge #9 - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Challenge - Anything Goes

I know it's been a long post and I appreciate you sticking with me!
Now go get those burgers ready to put on the grill, pour yourself a nice cool drink and I'll see you back here again real soon I hope!

HAPPY 4th Everyone!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.