Monday, January 12, 2015

Butterfly Thank You

Hello Again my friends!
I have a second card to share with you today!
One of my New Year resolutions is to create a few cards 'just for fun' ... not any DT requirement or personal order obligation ... just because I want to and that's what this card is all about!

I have always enjoyed working with a 'sketch'.  In fact, that's where I started my card making journey ... doing the sketch challenges over on Splitcoast Stammpers (OMG I haven't joined in those challenges for so long ... must do something about that!).


So, with that being said, today's card combines two fun challenges!
The sketch challenge at the Mojo Monday Card Sketch Challenge Blog
and the Butterfly Challenge which is to make a Thank You card (using butterflies of course).


I found this beautiful image on Pinterest.  After printing, trimming, and distressing I decided to die cut a black butterfly to give added dimension over top of the black butterfly that is in the image.

I hope you are taking the time to be creative JUST FOR YOU and take the time to play some of your favorite challenges.  I can always use more thank you cards in my stash and love how this one came together so quickly by using two fun challenges.

Let's see if I can find a few other challenges to share my creation in today:
Scribble and Scrap Challenge - Always Anything Goes (c15)

Thanks so much for stopping by again today!!  And, I hope you'll stop back again tomorrow when I'll have an inspiration card sample to share using dies from the Dies R Us Store.  With all the New Releases coming out, Dies R Us shelves are full and you'll want to go check 'em out!  I'm expecting an order today and can't wait to see them/and play of course!  LOL!

Happy Day all and as always . . .

Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Black cs, Basic Grey 'Basics Kraft Paper Pad' design papers
Stamp/Ink:  Hero Arts/Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  TH distresser, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Exotic Butterfly Small' #DL112, Martha Stewart Butterfly Border Punch, Pop Dots


15 comments:

  1. Hello Darlene. Such a pretty creation and I just love the design. It's so nice to take part in challenges and enjoy some crafty time for yourself.
    Good luck with the challenges and Happy Crafting.
    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Darlene! I love the beautiful kraft/black color combos and the distressing is gorgeous! I hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, fab image, I thought it was fabric at first

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations thus month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really striking. Love the black butterfly . It's stands out perfectly. Love the distressing around it Thankyou for fluttering by #21. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card. The black butterfly is so eyecatching. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a gorgeous image to find for free! I sure understand about wanting to craft something just for fun. I'm only on one DT and still have trouble finding the time. Love my DT work, too, though, but you know what I mean. Fabulous card for the two challenges you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally delightful work Darlene, thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene, Beautiful Monochrome and love the Butterflies.Thankyou for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon. Hugs Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a striking card wonderful work
    thank you for playing along with us at lil patch of crafty friends
    linda dt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is just gorgeous hun bless you for playing at That craft place,hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is AHHH-mazing. Seriously I can't get over how gorgeous this is. I can't figure out if that front panel is printed onto just paper, but made to look textured, or if you printed it on to burlap? Either way, it's stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card, great texture added and love the earthy colours. Thanks so much for joining us for our first challenge over at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you for C#2
    ~ Denise ~
    Owner {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as I saw this card I loved it, and I thought you had stamped it all until I read it...it is gorgeous Dar...love it, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning. Love the natural colours. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the layering and the colors!

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene