background

Thursday, January 15, 2015

In the Pink . . .

Hello my friends ...
Brrrrr ... it sure is cold here in NE Ohio!  
Since it's too cold/snowy to do much outdoors (at my age that is), I'm staying inside and crafting.  Doing a little clean up and reorganizing along the way but today I have a pretty card to share with you.  
After watching this video over on the PartiCRaft (Participate in Craft) blog, I was inspired to purchase the main striplet die set and create some birthday cards that I think will go well at my craft shows.  Birthday cards of course are my #1 seller and I just can't keep enough on hand.  Plus, I've been wanting to make some larger cards (this one is 5x7) so this die set was perfect.


The die set I am referring to is the Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Floral Meadow' Striplet die which I purchase through the Dies R Us Store and can be found HERE.  I didn't do all the layering Sue did in her video but I did die cut the 'frame' portion of this set twice ... once in color as the background for my floral panel and again as the outer 'frame' which has been popped up with dimensional tape.

 
 In the video Sue Wilson shows how you create the sparkly background panel using their products (of which I didn't have) so I improvised by using a few strips of my wider Scor Tape and Deco Art 'Glamour Dust'.  I have also added brads for the centers of my flowers for additional dimension. 
  
Here's a peek at the inside of my card.
Since I was actually using a scrap piece of designer paper for the background on the front of my card, I wanted to coordinate the inside using the same paper.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough left to cover the entire inside panel, so I cut it 2/3 - 1/3 and spaced it out to cover the panel.

Then I decided with it being a larger card, it needed a little more than just a sentiment stamped on the inside and created this 2 part flower using the Memory Box Dogwood Blossom #98475 and Memory Box Dogwood Blossom Outline #98481.  This die set is being retired so if you're interested pop over to Dies R Us right now and order them.  They are at a very good price too ... just click on the links I have provided.

A few challenges to share in today are:
Butterfly Challenge - B is for Brads (use butterfly also)
Design Team Showcase - DT Only (Jan 11-17)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle  - Include some Pink
Jo's Scrap Shack 'Fun Day Friday' Challenge #70 - It's a New Year, Bling it on!
Clear It Out Challenge  -  Pink things (pink dp is at least 3 yrs old as are the pink brads)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you are have a fabulous day and if you are also experiencing this bitter cold temperatures ... stay in, stay warm and get creative!
As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, SU pear pizazz cs, SU Pink Pirouette cs, Paper Pizazz dp
Stamp/Inks:  Impression Obsession, Hero Arts, Tim Holtz 'spun sugar' distress ink, Memento 'bamboo leaves' dye ink,
Accessories:  Scor Tape, Deco Art Glamour Dust, Brads, SU dimensional tape, small sponge dauber

22 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love the die design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it is beautiful! And it just keeps getting better and better with the way you've done the inside, as well. It's no surprise that ANY of your cards would be good sellers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your creation <3 makes me think about summer :)

    feel free to stop by my blog and enter my giveaway :)

    http://mcm-ina.blogspot.com

    xo, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Darlene. So beautiful and very effective. Love the colour combination, and the design is just gorgeous.
    Stay safe and warm and Happy crafting.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply beautiful! Love that pretty die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my word girl! this is gorgeous... and pink! love it!

    supposed to warm up - above freezing at least for the next 7 days! woooo hoooo. my car needs a washing desparately - LOL.

    stay warm... and thank you so much for your sweet comments! i really do appreciate them.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful PINK card inside and out...love that die...think I need it myself.....another beautiful breath of Spring which I needed today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the 1st challenge of the new themes and for being the 1st entrant. I love this card that you created. Fab idea to use the required brads as the centres of your flowers.( Great thinking outside of the box.) Loving the pink paper and the gorgeous butterfly. Thankyou for fluttering by #22.
    p.s. As you have used a scrap of pink paper you could enter Pixie's Crafty Workshop challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you attention to detail. The card is lovely on the inside and out. Great use of brads. Thank you for sharing with us at The Butterfly Challenge. - Myrna Challenge #22 Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful card, the flowers on the die cut and the butterfly are so pristine. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous die, and beautifully done. the inside is as lovely as the outside. Thanks for sharing at clear it Out Tuesday for the Pink challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Darlene - what a stunner of a card. Absolutely beautiful!

    Welcome to the Snippets Playground too :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so charming! Thanks for playing along with Jo's Scrap Shack and Funday Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card! I like how you used what you have on hand and made it work with the design.

    Thanks for entering Design Team Showcase.

    Kim
    {Craftisan Studios}
    Design Team Showcase

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! I really like all of your gorgeous die cuts! So glad you linked up with us at Glitter n Sparkle for our Use Some Pink challenge. Best of luck in our prize draw!

    KT Fit Kitty
    Glitter n Sparkle DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Popping over to say Hi from the Snippets Playground. This card is so beautiful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us @ CIO challenge blog...great take on out challenge
    <((><

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Darlene, Just saw your gorgeous card highlighted over at the Snippets Playground and popped over to get a closer look. Wow! What you have achieved with the wonderful SW dies! I recently discovered these dies and think they make the most awesome cards. Love all the tricks you have employed to make this die such a stellar presentation on your beautiful card. Enjoyed reading the how-tos, and that's a great idea on stretching the pink dp to make it fit your needs. See that you are in NE Ohio...I'm in Upstate SC (Hubster is from Ohio though). Just became your newest follower, and looking forward to seeing more of your work. Hope you may find time to visit another US Yank! Happy Sunday. Stay warm. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely fresh & bright card. Thank you for joining our challenge this time at
    http://digichoosday.blogspot.co.uk/
    Hope to see you again. ~x Kate x~ DCDT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card with lots of detail. Thank you so much for entering the birthday challenge over at Digi Choosday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Darlene! What a lovely card, and I really love the amazing die-cut background. Your cards are always a real treat, and I LOVE having you share your talents with us. Thanks for joining us this week, and I hope to have you play along again soon. God bless you, and have a great week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely...Thank you for sharing with us at Digi Choosday, and good luck.

    Caz DC DTxx
    My Blog
    Pennys Paper-Crafty DT
    Digi Choosday DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene