Friday, July 31, 2015

Take It Easy . . .

Happy Friday Everyone!
OMG!  Can you believe it is already the END of JULY?
Where Oh Where is the time going? 

Anyways, I need to ask ... "Have you been to the Dies R Us store lately?"
There have been literally hundreds of new dies released 
and offered through out this month and you'll want to get your order in right away!

Today I've created a card for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog and I hope to offer you a little warm weather inspiration along the way!  By using die cuts, ink & sponges, I think I've succeeded in creating a card that just by looking at it gives you a feeling of peace and tranquility!

Who doesn't enjoy sitting on a park bench just listening to the birds singing in the trees?  Well, that's what  I had in mind when creating today's card using only TWO die cuts.
The dies I've used today are:

When I can't find the background design paper I want to use, I simply pull out my ink and sponges and create my own as I've done today.  Plus I wanted my dies to be the focus of my card ... not the background.


To create the various colors for my birds/butterflies, I first die cut the entire die using green card stock then used scraps of red, blue and purple card stock to run back through just those portions of the die that contained the birds/butterflies.  A little snip here & there ... a touch of white glue and VIOLA ... the birds were singing their happy tunes!

Challenges:
As You Like It Challenge - Fur or Feathers (and Why)
 I'm going with Feathers!  Who doesn't enjoy watching the birds and listening to their sweet songs.  That is one of my favorite relaxation things to do.  Sit on the deck with a cool refreshment and watch the birds come & go to our 3 different feeders.  Of course I get the advantage of the FUR element as well since where there are bird feeders there are also squirrels!  LOL!
DRS Designs Challenge #185 - Cause a Scene
 Southern Girls Challenge - Anything Goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Please remember we have a NEW CHALLENGE beginning tomorrow and will last through August 13th.  The theme will be:  SUMMERTIME FUN (YOUR interpretation!)
I hope you'll come join us!

As always,
Wishing you a FABULOUS weekend ahead and . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.