Thursday, November 26, 2015

Inspiration . . .

Hello Dear Friends!
thanksgiving photo: Thanksgiving HappyThanksgiving.jpg

It's a little quieter than normal at my house this year since the kids are going elsewhere for their dinner ... but that's okay ... we'll make up for it on Christmas morning!  LOL

Earlier in the week I saw a card that crafting friend Glenda Brooks (Magpie's Corner) created and I just had to case her card for myself.  I thought my Mom would really like this card design for her Christmas card so I quickly pulled the pieces together and here's my finished card.  You can see Glenda's card HERE.


Unfortunately the camera didn't pick up the fact that I rubbed white ink over the background brick embossing to give it a more aged appearance (not sure why that happened) so please visualize the bricks a little more 'subtle' looking.  If you look at the closeup below you can see what I'm talking about.  Looks really cool IRL ...


This was actually so easy to create I just make a few more for other friends to receive this year.
Don't you just love the LACE 'curtains' in the window ... I would have never thought to do that!  
THANKS GLENDA!!!
Isn't it wonderful how we can inspire each other!
I just hope I have been able to inspire some folks out there as much as all of them have inspired me!!

Challenges to share in today:
Make My Monday Challenge - Oh Christmas Tree
Always Playing with Paper Challenge - Create a Christmas Card
A Snowflakes Promise Challenge - Winter/Christmas
The Shabby Tea Room Challenge - O Christmas Tree

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I hope you've had a blessed day with family!
God Bless You one and all on this Thanksgiving Day!
As always . . .


P.S.  A friend and I have a new challenge blog beginning in 2016.   
Please check it out.  Double D Challenges

Recipe:
Papers:  Red cs, White cs, Green cs
Stamps/Ink:  Red rubber tree stamp that I can not remember where it came from, Memento 'Bamboo Leaves' green ink  
Dies:  Poppystamps 'Grand Madison Window' #815, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Merry Christmas' #B186 
Accessories:  Darice 'Brick Pattern' embossing folder, Martha Stewart Branch Punch, Kaiser red pearls, Hobby Lobby Lace trim, Recollections mounting foam, Gold Stickles


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.