Thursday, February 11, 2016

A Valentine for my Sweetheart!

Hello and Happy Thursday All!

With being so busy with my mom being in the hospital nearly the entire month of January, I haven't even given thoughts to the fact that this Sunday is Valentine's Day!  Yikes!  How'd that happen?  LOL!

So today, I decided to create a card for my sweet husband before time gets away from me (would you believe
he saves ALL the cards I've ever given him! ... what a guy!)


I've been trying to do some re-organizing down here in the cave and one thing I need to do is go through all the designer paper I have and try to compile it better.  I did get some time yesterday to go through a portion of it and decided first thing to do was put all the scrap pieces into a pile to be used first ... one way or another.

One way I like using my scraps is to create background panels using various similarly colored papers.
Here's a peek at some of those I have created and packed in clear bags for future card making.


I used one such panel for the background on today's card creation and to 'kick it up a notch' used a technique my friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) shared on a card she created recently.  That technique is simple but adds wonderful texture ... simply run your design paper through your embossing machine with an embossing folder of your choice.  I have used the Cuttlebug 'hearts' embossing folder today.



I've used Graphic45 'Place in Time' images today as well as the beautiful Memory Box 'Loveland Corner' #99117 which was purchased at the Dies R Us Store.

Challenges to share in:
Crafting by Designs Challenge - Hearts
Crafty Creations Challenge - Hearts
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - Love is in the Air!
Mod Squad Challenge - From the Heart
Die Cuttin Divas Challenge - Say it with Love
Use Your Stash Challenge - Embossing Folder
Where the Heart Is Challenge - Love
The Paper Girls Challenge - Valentine/Love
Ooh La La Creations Challenge - Love and Romance
Quick Quotes Challenge #60 - Scraps of Paper
Pixie's Crafty Workshop Snippets Playground #215 - use snippets

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by today!
Stay warm & safe if you are getting the weather we are getting at the present time
here in Ohio ...
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.