Monday, February 8, 2016

Trying something new . . .

Hello Everyone!
I was talking to my friend Diane (Nellie's Nest) on Yahoo this morning
and she linked me to this beautiful creation by Birgit and
I was inspired to give her style a try.
 

 For a long time now I have seen creations by Birgit (Biggan) over on SCS
and been of awe of her amazing talent.  This might look
like an easy creation to case but take it from me ... it's not!
Unless you are very artistic and good with watercolors and a paintbrush!
(Which I must admit I'm not! lol)
But I gave it a go ... and here's what I came up with.


Inside Verse
LOL .. okay so I need a bit more practice ...
but I really like the concept 
and look forward to trying this style again soon!

The silhouette stamp set I used on this creation is actually
a really old stamp set by a company that I 
don't believe is still in business ... Flourishes.
The set is called 'Wedded Bliss'.

The inside sentiment was created
with a stamp set by Our Daily Bread called 'Wedding Blessings'
and the flower is from a very old Stampin' Up set called 'Oh So Lovely'.

The design paper I used was a scrap and the die sets
are Memory Box 'Shaker Square Frames' #30030
and Frantic Stamper 'Congrats' #9496.
 
 Of course, I couldn't stop at one creation and I must admit the following card was actually my first attempt ...
trying to build up my confidence to actually try 'painting' a background for the wedding couple.
 This card also utilizes images from that old 'Flourishes' stamp set.

(You can click on the image to enlarge.)

For this 'engagement' card, I created an outdoor scene by simply sponging TH blue ink and Memento green ink to mimic a sky & grass.
The grove of pines stamp is by Stampscapes.

Both the background embossed panel and my 'frame' have been popped up with dimensional tape.  

The dies I have used on this card are Poppystamps 'Heart Breeze' #1368 and 'Classic Ribbons' #1005.

 I encourage you to 'Try Something New' today!
There is SO MUCH inspiration all over blogland ... why not 'give it a go!'

A few challenges to share in:
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenge - Include Hearts
Love to Scrap Challenge - Have a Heart

UPDATE:  I had a question on what I used for my watercoloring. 
Actually, I didn't use anything fancy.  This is a cheaper set of watercolor paints that I purchased along the way probably at Joann's or another box store and in fact, I didn't even use watercolor paper.  Afterall, I was just playing around and didn't expect it to come together quite so well first time out!  LOL
 


Thanks so much for stopping by.
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.