Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Double D Challenge . . . Easter

Happy Day Everyone!
I'm excited to say it's time for another fun challenge
Today's theme is EASTER
 
March doesn't just have St. Patrick's Day to celebrate this year ... there's also Easter on March 27th.
Here's a peek at the mood board you can use for inspiration.
Oh my goodness ... wait until you see the FABULOUS creations the design team has come up with this time around ... absolutely awesome!  Please be sure to pop over and leave them some love!  
I remember Easter as a child was always FUN and MEMORABLE!
Waking up to find our Easter baskets on the table filled with all types of goodies.  
And, not just candy!  I think my Mom put the baskets together for my sisters and I ... but I think my Dad was the one who always added the little wind up toys, ball & jacks ... or something of that nature to our basket. 
 We three girls ALWAYS had a new dress, hat & gloves for Easter Sunday Church Service!!
And of course photos were taken before heading to church.
(while we were still clean and looking like little ladies! lol)
Don't we look adorable!!  LOL!!

So, today I chose to go with the YUMMY side of Easter!


I noticed on the shelf a stack of 'Christmas' buckets that were given to me awhile back
and thought how cute would that be repurposed as an Easter basket for Little Lily 
(our almost 2 years old neighbor).  And that's where the fun began.


By simply tearing and decoupaging some Easter colored/patterned papers with Mod Podge, it was no time at all that my Easter Bucket was ready to be filled.  
I spotted this vintage Easter printable on Pinterest (reminded me so much of my own childhood Easter cards) that I thought a quick card for Lily and a little tag to match were in order. 
PLEASE come join in our fun at the new Double D Challenge Blog.
OH and did I mention there's a PRIZE to one lucky random winner?
Yep ... how cute is this?
 
Come join in the fun!  YOU COULD BE THE WINNER!!

Challenges to share in:
Doubleclick Skittles Challenge - Use a Bunny, Basket or Egg
 Simon Says Challenge - Cute and Cuddly
Fairy Tale - Easter Eggs
Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Spring colors or Easter
Words to Craft By - Easter/Rebirth
Deep Ocean Challenge - Easter


Thanks for stopping by today!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Paper:  Purple cs, DCWV dp, Recollections dp, various other scraps of designer paper of Easter colors
Accessories:  yellow satin ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker, Sue Wilson 'Frames, Tags - Pierced Tags' #CED4305, Metal bucket, Mod Podge, sponge brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.