Friday, March 25, 2016

Gingham and Poppies . . .

Happy Friday Everyone! 
Are you all ready for Easter weekend?
WOW!  It's hard to believe we are about to celebrate Easter already!  
Time flies when you're having fun!  LOL
Today I have a new inspiration sample for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog to share.



What fun I had creating this card!
When I received this beautiful Wild Rose Studio 'Dancing Poppies' #WRS021 die, I wasn't real sure what I wanted to do with it so I simply die cut a sample from white card stock and started laying it down on different design papers, etc. just to get some ideas.  And since my real poppies are more of a RED color, I die cut another panel from red card stock.  
I laid them both on the worktable while I looked for some different design papers and when I turned around it hit me that I liked the red flowers in behind the white flowers ... so THAT was the beginning of this creation.

Poppies remind me of being out in the country so I thought this panel of red/white gingham was appropriate.  Next I needed a panel to really make things POP so I grabbed the beautiful Sue Wilson 'Frames & Tags - Hannah' die and cut a panel from black card stock to use as the background for my poppies.  PERFECT!  
Now all I needed was a touch of sparkle which I achieve with Diamond Stickles and a sentiment.  The Cheery Lynn Designs 'Happy' #B226 and 'Birthday' #B231 worked perfectly!!

Challenges to share in:
~Jo's Scrap Shack FFC#131 - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Challenge - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party Challenge - Anything Goes
Simply Paper Crafts Challenge - Anything Goes

Please be sure to take a minute and check out all the fabulous dies available at the Dies R Us Store!  AND, don't forget we have a Dies R Us Challenge Blog too!  A fun new challenge is offered on the 1st and 15th of each month with a PRIZE VOUCHER offered to one lucky winner each challenge.  It could be YOU!
 
 Thanks so much for stopping by today!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.