Monday, January 16, 2017

Butterfly Kisses in January

Hello friends ...
Today I have a card to share that was created 'Just Because'.   Not for any particular reason or commitment ... just looked through the challenges and grabbed a theme that called out to me.
 


The first challenge I spotted was the Butterfly Challenge where the theme is 'J for jewels and/or Jade'.  I must confess I forgot all about the 'jewels' part until after I had the photos done & edited ... but at least I have the Jade part correct with the use of this beautiful jade foil paper from a new (to me) DCWV Emerald Garden paper stack.


It's really difficult to photograph foil paper so you can see just how beautiful it really is.  Here I've laid it down on the counter and snapped a shot in hopes of catching the light from overhead vs the 'spotlights' on either side of my light box.

The two dies I've used today are the Elizabeth Craft Butterfly (#704 & 705) and the Sue Wilson 'Scandinavian Collection Background #CED4201.  A simple design yet impressive I think. 

Other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Allsorts Challenge - Wings on Things
My Time to Craft Challenge #337 - Something New (design paper)
Crafty Catz Challenge #353 - Anything Goes w/twist - Butterfly
Creative Corner Challenge - Anything goes
Craft Rocket Challenge #30 - Something New (design paper) 
Let's Craft and Create Challenge #121 - Things with Wings
I hope you're having a great start to your day!
Stay warm ... stay safe and most of all, stay happy!
As always . . .

 Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, DCWV dp 
Dies:  Sue Wilson Scandinavian Collection, Elizabeth Craft Butterflies
Stamp/Ink:  Serendipity, Versafine Onyx
Accessories: Nuvo white crystal drops, Prima flowers,


12 comments:

  1. Oh My, this is STUNNING! Loving the background die and that glorious butterfly! WOW! Your foil paper is fabulous! YOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous . I love the shimmer that the paper gives off and the butterfly is fab. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, Darlene, this is breathtaking. Love the colors and this shinny paper :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful card and gorgeous jade colours, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, thank you for joining our challenge at crafty catz and hope to see you again
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers, Darlene! This is magnificent! The white over the teal metallic looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creation is beautiful and thank you for entering our challenge theme of "Wings on Things", at Allsorts Challenges, do hope to see you again. ♥
    [aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the butterfly and gorgeous jade colors. Always love your butterfly sentiment on your butterfly cards. Beautiful card Darlene. Hugs! Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Let's Craft and Create and look forward seeing your next card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Design Team for Let's Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous paper and dies! With the way you've done the butterfly it looks almost like it's part of the background die cut. So pretty! It's fun to play "just because". I'm still on slow speed after Christmas, sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, wow, that foil paper used for the butterfly is awesome, it is gorgeous, gorgeous my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful That "jewelled" card is lovely Thank you for sharing with Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card. Awesome card design. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene