Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hidden Word

Happy Sunday Afternoon Everyone!
It's snowing here in Ohio so why not do a little crafting to share with all of you!
Actually, today is the final day to enter the second part of Darnell's celebration and partake in NBUS Challenge #9.  


One of the optional themes this week is the 'HIDDEN WORD' technique.
Now, since I had never before tried this (and it looks so awesome) of course I was intrigued and had to give it a whirl.


I must admit I think I can do better!  Guess I need to actually find instruction on this technique.  I was just guessing at how it's actually done since I was in a hurry to get my card created and entered before time expired.    I think it's an awesome technique and can't wait to see what else I can achieve.

Here I've simply taken a white card stock panel and sponged two different Tim Holtz distress ink colors.  Then I stamped a very old SU flower stamp then did my die cutting using the Tutti Designs 'Sympathy' Word Set (I used the larger of the two dies).  A few little Nuvo white crystal drop pearls in the corners and my card is ready to go.  I am always in need of sympathy cards for my sale boxes so I think this will be a simple yet impressive design to use.

UPDATE:  Okay so I took the time to create one more card using this technique, only this time I watched a video on YouTube which showed me my problem ... not enough underlying layers to give me the dimension needed.  This is better!  Here's a link to the Papertrey Ink  video I watched.



Thanks of  stopping by today.
If you're in the cold weather (as we are), please stay warm
and beware that nasty flu bug that is going around!

Challenges to share in:
Dare2BArtzy January Challenge - Something New (new technique)
 Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #50 - Anything Goes

As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Blue cs
Stamps/Ink:  Stampin' Up 'Close as a Memory', Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'Salty Ocean' and 'Picked Raspberry' distress inks
Accessories:  Tutti Designs 'Sympathy Word Set', Nuvo white crystal drops



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.