Friday, April 14, 2017

A Birthday 'Case'

Good Afternoon All!
It's a beautiful day here in Ohio today so I will be outside mowing the lawn before the Easter festivities begin.  But before heading out, I wanted to share a card I created (thanks Diane) for the current challenge at City Crafter Challenge Blog.  They are celebrating a birthday and we are casing projects from their DT.

Today we are casing a cute card by Ros.
Here is my card . . .

and here's is the inspiration card by Ros.


I just love Ros's style.  Her cards always inspire me but I must be honest I struggle with CAS design.  You wouldn't think that would be a problem but I'm getting better at it thanks to designers like Ros.


I liked the 'framing' around her focus panel but I think I did mine just the opposite of Ros.  Her FRAME is popped up where my focus panel is popped up.  Either way works I think.
I recently purchase a variety of the cute 'animal' pop up dies by Elizabeth Craft so today I chose to use 'Baker the Beaver'.  
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Baker The Beaver 
With it being a birthday celebration and he is holding a birthday cupcake, what could be more perfect.  OH YEA, and I went into my scrapbook stickers drawer and found this adorable birthday hat sticker ... Now he's ready to PARTY!!


 In recent posts I have commented about all the cards I receive in the mail from organizations we make donations to ... well today I have once again used one of the inside panels for the sentiment on my card.  Even though I give a lot of these cards to my mom & the church, sometimes I upcycle some of them for myself ... as I have done today.

Challenges to share in:
Alphabet Challenge - C is for Cake (cupcake)
Crafty Catz Challenge #366 - ATG twist/animals
Jo's Scrap Shack #184 - ATG

Well, time to zipping by ... I'd better get moving!
Thanks so much for stopping by and please leave a comment ... I love hearing your thoughts!
As always . . .


Recipe:
Papers: White cs, Brown cs, Black cs
Dies:  Elizabeth Craft 'Baker the Beaver', Memory Box 'Party Music', Lawn Fawn 'Large & Small Criss Cross Stitched Rectangles"
Accessories:   Nuvo crystal drops, large sponge dauber, TH broken china distress ink, dimensional tape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.