Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Celebrate

Hello Everyone!
WOW!  Yesterday was such a beautiful day here in Ohio that I spent most of it outside enjoying the sunshine!  Today, however, is a different story with April Showers in full force ... including thunder.  But I love it!

SO ... I'm in my cave creating just for fun, and there's a story behind today's card.  
Here's my card share for today . . .


INSIDE

STORY . . .
My husband is a very giving and generous person, so each month after paying the bills, we send contributions to a wide range of organizations.  We are blessed to have the ability to share and help other people but one thing that annoys him is the fact that in return, we are always receiving 'something' in the mail from these different groups.  Anything from actual coins (nickels, dimes, even quarters) ... to dream catchers ... to pens & flat calculators ... but most of all we receive CARDS!  Yep ... me a card maker receives a ton of cards of which I typically give to my mother for the church and a few friends who enjoy sending a lot of cards.  WELL ... this image was actually on the front cover of a packet of said cards and hubby tore it out and said it looked like something I would put on a card front.  
SO I DID!



I fussy cut around the image then chose my background to showcase it.  It's a rather large image so my card is actually A7 (5x7) in size.
I've been playing around with my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and had a couple panels laying on the work station that I thought might work nicely since they were in spring colors.  My colored panel was only 4x6 in size and I knew I needed some type of 'overlay' for the colors to actually stand out a bit.  
Well, low and behold, I just happen to have a die set that would work perfectly.  That set is the Sue Wilson 'Shadow Boxes Stitched Lattice Frames'
Sue Wilson Designs - Shadow Boxes -  Stitched Lattice Frames

Believe it or not, I actually have TWO sets of these dies.  Obviously I liked it because I ordered it twice!  Yikes!  LOL  Don't be surprised if you see this set up for grabs on my blog sometime soon.

I used dimensional tape behind my image to give it some lift.  Then simply added a few colorful sequins and then I spotted the Tutti Designs 'Celebrate' die cut laying on my work station and thought WHY NOT!!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Over at the Path of Positivity Challenge their April challenge is
'Beauty of Nature'.  How could you not smile and have your spirits lifted by the beauty
of the flowers in bloom and birds singing!  I know it makes my heart sing!!
Connie's Can Crop April Challenge - Reuse, Reduce, Recycle
Crafts and Me April Challenge - Things with Wings
Creative Craft Cottage Challenge - Dies and/or Punches
Daisy Chain Challenge #7 - Spring is in the Air
Die Cut Diva's April Challenge - Birthday + dies
Happy Little Stamper April Challenge - ATG + Dies

Sunny Day Crafting April Challenge - Spring

That's all I have for you today.
Tomorrow I will have a new Sisterhood challenge creation to share with you.
So until then and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.