Monday, April 10, 2017

Easter Blessings . . .

Happy Monday Everyone!
Can you believe Easter is this weekend?  
Where does the time go?

Yesterday I decided I wanted to make a quick Easter card for 'someone special'
and wanted to try stamping over top the new Tim Holtz Oxide inks.
So, I created my oxide background ... let it dry then stamped my image.


Both stamp sets I have used are very old and don't get a lot
of use but they worked perfect for today's creation.
The cross stamp is from Ann-ticipations circa 2005
and the sentiments are from a Verve stamp set called
Everlasting Life (vs-09-011).

After stamping the cross I noticed you could see the colors come through 
on the lilies and the outline of the cross ... so I grabbed my white
gelly roll pen and went over those areas.  

I recently purchased what I thought was a 2 pen package of new
WHITE gelly roll pens ... but when I went to use them, they 
did not come out white ... more of a clear glaze ... so that's what
I used on the cross and it actually came out looking kind of like
a woodgrain finish.  Unexpected ... but I like it!!!


The Tutti Designs 'Corner Tulip' die cut was laying on
the work table and I thought since the corner needed a little
'something' maybe it would work ... and I think it worked beautifully.

The ribbon is from an older pack of Really Reasonable Ribbons.
I have so many beautiful ribbons from this company since I joined
their ribbon club ... they are so pretty in the box I almost hate to use them! 
Can you say HOARDER!  LOL

Challenges to share in:

613 Avenue Creates Challenge - ATG twist/Spring has Sprung
Addicted to Stamps Challenge #145 - Stamped image / Stamped Sentiment

Anyways ... it's going to be a beautiful day today in Ohio.
I've already washed/dried the car ... switched equipment around in
the garage (with hubby's help of course ... don't want to re-injure my arm) 
and in a few hours I intend to mow the lawn for the first time this year.
While driving down to the car wash I noticed a lot of my
neighbors got theirs done yesterday ... looks so nice & green!

Have a fabulous start to your week ...
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.