Friday, April 7, 2017

"Poppy" Birthday

Happy Friday!!
It won't be long before my poppies are blooming in the front flower beds.  
This card was created for the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge where their theme this time is a sketch and I'd also like to share yet another birthday creation with the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where their theme is Happy Birthday.


 Yes, I must confess, that big stack of Heartfelt Creations designer papers is still sitting on my one work table so that was the direction I immediately headed for today's card.    I knew I just happened to have this three-sentiment strip that I had cut from the one sheet while creating the Birthday card sets I shared the other day, and it would work perfectly with the Watercooler Wednesday sketch ... here a peek at the sketch.


Now here's a really fun 'happening'!
There is a sheet of panels that can be used immediate to create a quick and easy card but I knew I needed a circle to accommodate the sketch so after cutting the panel from the 12x12 sheet, I then grabbed my Tutti Designs 'Nesting Stitched Rectangle' dies and proceeded to die cut the image.  I didn't think it POPPED enough so took the next size up die and cut a black mat for the image ... now that's better!


 Of course we crafters don't waste any more than we have to ...
so the panel I cut my image from was used for the inside sentiment.
How cool is that!
INSIDE

Challenges to share in:
Brown Sugar Challenge - ATG
Creative Fingers Challenge - ATG
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge  - Flowers
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Happy Birthday or #7

Well, today is laundry day plus I have my first physical therapy session so I'd better quite playing around and get moving.  I hope you like my creation today.
Have a FABULOUS day/weekend!
As always . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.