Monday, April 24, 2017

Retirement ...

Hello my friends and welcome back!
Can you believe we are in the last week of April already!
Wow!  Time sure flies when you're having fun!  LOL

I have a show coming up next week so I'm trying to go through my boxes of cards to be sure I have what the ladies might be looking for.

I think I have plenty of cards for birthdays, sympathy, get well, etc but thought I'd add in a few for retirement so here are a couple I came up with.  These are geared more towards the guys so I'll have to work on a few for the ladies!


 I think a lot of men today find GOLF as one of their
most enjoyed retirement activities.
Personally, I'd be horrible at golf!  I've been on
the course ... only as a score keeper mind you ...
but have no idea how they keep track of where
that ball goes once they hit it!  LOL
I would spend most of my day looking for the ball
that is if I was able to hit it far enough 
for it to get lost!  LOL

Another sport I know the men
in my family have always enjoyed
was hunting ... but, upon retirement
I think they enjoyed just sitting
in the cabin or going on nature walks
more than the hunting aspect.

For the background panel on this
card I simply sponged a few of the new
Tim Holtz distress oxide inks
in hopes of mimicking the color of the
fall leaves in the image.
I'm VERY happy with the outcome.

Now to think about those retirement cards for the ladies ... hmmm wonder what themes I should use?  Gardening maybe ... if you have ideas please feel free to share them in a comment.  
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!
My friend Sandy will be here from NC this evening to spend the week with me so I'd better make sure I have my crafting cave in order ... she's a fabulous crafter and we will be crafting up a storm this week I'm sure!  What fun!!

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.