Monday, July 10, 2017

Birthday Flowers . . .

Hello Everyone and Welcome to the start of another week!
Where is the time going?????

My card today was created from the NEED to get inky with my Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  I spotted the challenge over at "Just Us Girls' where they are looking for 'Ink Blending'.  
And, I have done a LOT of 'ink blending' on this creation.  

I also spotted the color challenge over on the Your Next Stamp Blog and so I chose my colors with that challenge in mind,  using Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks . . . Pistachio, Spiced Marmalade, Amber and Worn Lipstick.


The stamp sets I have used are Altenew 'Adore You' and Simon Says 'Thoughtful Messages'.  There was a lot of 'fussy cutting' on this creation and I really like the end result. 

I used the same ink colors and created two different 4x6 panels.  One I used for the background and the other I used to stamp & fussy cut my flowers/leaves.  I used Spectrum Noir alcohol markers to add some definition to the edges of my floral panels and then did some 'shaping' with my stylus.


Every since I learned how to 'shape' flowers & leaves, I have a really difficult time just leaving them 'flat'!   However, I did leave my Sue Wilson 'Greek Island Collection Ivy Border' flat (and it's driving me crazy!  lol).  The fence I used in the background is from Impression Obsession ... called 'large fence'.

Other challenges to share in:
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Fiona's Feminine ATG
 
Crafting with an Attitude Challenge #29 - ATG
 Craft Rocket Challenge #39 - ATG
Lemon Shortbread Challenge #45 - ATG
Stamping Sensations July Challenge - Anything with Flowers

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.