Thursday, July 27, 2017

Christmas is right around the corner . . .

Hello Everyone!
If you are anything like me, time slips away from you and
all of a sudden the holidays are upon us and I find
myself in need of 50+ holiday cards at the last minute!

Well, I'm hoping to not have that happen again this year so I'm TRYING
to get a head start by doing a few here & there even though I
don't feel much in the holiday mood with the 80s & 90s outside!  LOL


Today's card is certainly a QUICK & EASY creation.
Red & Green card stock, one die cut and Stickles!

This pretty die is from the Dies R Us Store and it is


I can only imagine how pretty this card would have been had I used
double sided sticky paper and free glitter ... might do that next time!
At least I'm getting started ... HAPPY HAPPY!  LOL

Challenges to share in:
Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - All About Christmas
Sweet Stampin July Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas
Crafting by Design Challenge - Get Ready for Christmas
Die Cut Diva's July Challenge - Christmas in July


Thanks for stopping by and as always . . .

14 comments:

  1. You are so right about Christmas sneaking up on us! We have been working on Christmas cards for the design team but not for my stash. I sort of feel behind. I love all the pretty glitter on your card and the die cut is very unusual. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pretty card and this die is awesome, you have the most dies of anyone..lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and sparkly. Love that cardinal.

    So sorry to hear about the fair accident yesterday. I'll be keeping Ohio in prayer. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to start early - I so love robins and this is such a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us over at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right around the corner? Eeeeeek!!! I need 50+ cards, too, and I've only got 11. It's so hard to get in the mood to make one, but I'm trying, and once I start one it's more fun than I thought. What a pretty die this is and so nice that it makes the whole card. You could make a bunch, but then, what would you do with all those other bazillion Christmas dies you have? It's all fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Dar, what a stunning Christmas card. That stained glass effect is simply gorgeous. Love the die-cut. Using the glitter on the cardinal and on the holly really adds to the design. Great start for your 50+ Christmas cards. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, such a striking design. Love the die, perfect for robins in the UK and cardinals in the US. ๐Ÿ˜Š xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of that wonderful die. LOVE what you have done here, but I don't want to think about Christmas...lol. Having said that, you will be jumping for joy the week before Christmas and I will be burning the midnight oil in my craft room. This is a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely design, Darlene! What a great stained glass look you've created. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the shimmer on it is so pretty, great idea really brings out the design in the die, nice and flat and easily mailed, you couldn't have a more perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week Darlene. Such a beautiful card! I'm loving the die cut and the way you used the Stickles to add sparkle to the holly and the cardinal. I'm in the same boat as you, lots of cards to make and the clock's ticking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Stunning card! Don't you just love die cuts?!?! Thanks for joining my All About Christmas challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! So festive and Christmassy! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great technique, great card. It reminds me of stained glass. Such a festive Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene