Thursday, July 6, 2017

Sit back and relax ...

Hello All!
Last summer (or was it two summers ago ... geesh time goes by so fast!) while on a visit to crafting friend Diane Hover's (Nellie's Nest) house in Michigan, we took the day and drove into Shipshewana, Indiana for lunch and a little shopping.  We visited this really cool Mercantile, and while shopping around I found a pack of 6x6 Photoplay designer paper called 'Summer Daydreams' at a little shoppe called Aunt Millies Scrapyard.  And some matching fun popsicle brads by Eyelet Outlet. 

With it being SO WARM outside, I decide to create a summertime card today and when I'm done, I'm going into the kitchen and grabbing myself a Cherry Popsicle!  Yep ... hubby & I have been enjoying popsicles this summer vs ice cream lol.  Less fattening ya know .. ugh ... I do love my ice cream!
Anyways,  what fun it was creating this card.

As you can see, I did a lot of POPPING UP to add extra dimension.

 That little lower strip is actually the reverse side of this particular sheet.  Didn't want to waste any of it, hence the extra panel at the top also which I fussy cut into a scallop edge then did some faux stitching around both panels for added character.


And, how about these popsicle brads ... aren't they just the yummiest embellishment?

There is one particular challenge I spotted and kept in mind while creating today and that is the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Summer Sunshine.   A few other challenges I'd like to share in are:
Ike's World Challenge #92 - ATG w/twist - Relax
Frilly and Funkie Challenge - In the Good Old Summertime
Pile It On Challenge #132 - Primary Colors

Well here I go rambling on and on ... now it's lunchtime!!
So I will bid you ado and wish you a fabulous day & weekend ahead!!

As always . . .



Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Goldenrod cs,  Red cs, Lime Green cs, Turquoise cs, Photoplay 'Summertime Daydreams' dp
Dies:  Impression Obsession 'Adirondack Chairs' #DIE177, Impression Obsession 'Sunburst Background' #DIE354, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Live Laugh Love' #B564
Accessories:  Foam tape, Eyelet Outlet 'Popsicle' brads,
Technique:  Faux Stitching



18 comments:

  1. Beautiful and so vibrant! Perfect for summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, LOVE the paper AND the brads AND every die AND all the colors! Did I leave anything out? Truly, I love it all! I've been enjoying popsicles lately, too. The ones made from fruit/juice with no sugar... called Outshine. Don't know if you have them. They're delicious! Especially the red ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dar, this is so amazing and fun! Love all of the bright colors and the awesome Adirondack chair die!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to come over here to make a comment on your card. This is the most colorful, detailed and striking card I have seen all summer. I love everything about it, specially the little popsicle brads. Marvelous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this card. All that lovely color, all those lovely die cuts, and that wonderful design. This is such an awesome card, I am pinning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness--this is so cool, Darlene! The perfect summer card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous ! This is just sooooo a picture of Summer. Love those papers and the popsicle brad is adorable :-)

    Thank you very much for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.

    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This screams summer and I LOVE those bright colours. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely bright card. Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday. Sian.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so darn cute! I love it and it goes along with your blog banner. So glad you joined us for our challenge at MMM.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bravo, Darlene! The perfect summer card!
    Great mood - thank you!
    Thanks for sharing with us at IKE'sWORLD challenges :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card Darlene! Everything about your card just screams Summer & I love those cute little popsicle brads.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bright, cheerful and YUMMY card!! Yes we had fun and it was last summer we went there, ready to go again and take that Amish 3 hour buggy ride, aren't you? We have to figure it out soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a bright and cheerful card! Love the die-cuts you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Love To Craft! Challenge Blog! Hope to see you again soon!!
    HUGS!
    Ann DT
    http://anncard.blogspot.tw

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Darlene and super use of die cuts. Loving you strong colour choice, so cheerful :) :) :) Thank you for joining us this fortnight at IKEsWORLD and best of luck. Hugs Mimi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, the popsicle brad is the cutest! Those dies look great in these bright colors. We are thrilled to have you join our challenge at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW Darlene! Such a burst of Summer - I love it! Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card - so bright & cheerful!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene