Friday, July 21, 2017

You Are A Star!

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday!


I spotted a couple of challenges yesterday that I thought I'd like to create for and join in.    The sketch inspiration came from the Sketch-N-Scrap Challenge Blog 


and the theme/technique from the Seize the Birthday Challenge where I chose to do a Birthday card and use their Topping option which is . . .

"Splatter"

Since I was already inky I decided to create my background and splatter panel using Tim Holtz oxide inks (Faded Jeans, Amber & Fired Brick).  I actually had this strip of scrap watercolor paper laying on my work station so I figured "Let the Splattering Begin!"
Oh my word ... when I was done, I noticed I had splatters the whole way across the table!  Luckily they wiped up easily with a wet paper towel.  

I created the splatters by applying some oxide ink directly to my craft mat ... spritzed with water then used a large flat artist brush to pick up the color ... then 'tapped' the brush across the top of my other hand to spread the splatter of paint across the paper.


For the background panel I used the same three colors and simply applied the ink using the same large wide bristled artist brush to create the three panels of color.  Using a white Gelly Roll pen I added some additional 'stars' to the upper panel.

The actual stars were die cut from a scrap of goldenrod card stock I spotted in my scrap pile and I used the Technique Tuesday 'Nestled Stars' die set.  The Happy Birthday sentiment is from 'The Stamp Pad Co.' and the sentiment on the Sue Wilson Stitched Flag banner was computer generated.

Challenges to share in:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - We're Seeing Stars
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #487 - Summer Colors

Quick ... Easy & Fun was the theme for today's creation!
Hope you liked it!
Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

As always . . .

15 comments:

  1. What a great card. Fantastic background and design.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE this.....the splatter panel is perfect!!! This one is getting pinned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh when you talked about your splattering, my stamp group had a challenge to use either white ink or white paint to make snow on a Christmas card and add stamping to it, wellllll after I was done my clothes, my desk and everything on it had little white flecks all over it and it was acrylic paint, didn't come up as easily since by the time I noticed it was already dry :( Love these type of cards for kids, especially when I can't think of what to do for them :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your multi-color splattering makes a fantastic background! I love it combined with the wide watercolor stripes and the stars. That darn splattering... whenever I do even the littlest bit of splattering it winds up all over my table, everything on it, AND the window sill and wall behind the table. It wipes up off the table nicely, but if it dries on the window sill it leaves a faint hint of color behind. I may have to start using a drop cloth of some kind 'cause I sure don't want to mess up my new stamp room paint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Amazing card, love the bright cheery colors and all the ink splatters how fun is this???!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job splattering, Darlene! Love the colors and your awesome background. Love your blog header, too. I agree, life is better in flip flops! So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello! this is awesoem, so luv the fun yellow stars and ink splatter! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card! I love the splatters! Thanks for linking up your project using our sketch at Sketch N Scrap.
    Stacey
    Stacey’s Creative Corner
    Sketch N Scrap, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! Love the paint spatter! Super fun idea! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card - love the splatters!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute card!!
    Thanks for playing along at Sketch N Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a fun card! Love the splatter panel. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Love Love that misty border :) Super cute card. Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We loved your card so much at Sketch N Scrap you have been chosen as our Featured Card Maker for July! Make sure and check it out on our blog! Congrats and thanks for supporting Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh I love those splatters, the colors are wonderful! This is such a happy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene