Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Double D - TAN Neutrals with Texture

Hello Friends!
It's time for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is our hostess today and her theme of choice is:

TAN Neutrals with Texture
( touches of black or white are acceptable)

Check out this beautiful mood board she has created to inspire us!


I'm SO GLAD Diane came up with this theme because it prompted me to finally remember I have some fabulous DCWV paper pads that have texture like burlap, corrugated, woven ... I even had cork that I could have used ... wow, what fun!!
Here's what I came up with . . .

What a fun card to create!
Obviously I was inspired by the textured flowers, so that was my starting point!  
My main textures came from the DCWV 'burlap' 6x6 page that I die cut my Spellbinder 'Blooms 3' flowers from and the woven background panel from another DCWV 'woven' 6x6 paper pad.


After die cutting the flowers from the burlap paper, I decided to sponge the edges with Tim Holtz 'frayed burlap' distress ink to add a little more dimension.  I've used a drop of Nuvo 'Copper Penny' crystal drops for the flower centers.
I love how all the stitching & piercing came together too ... 
Very happy with today's card and I think it could be used for a man or a woman!

Challenges to share in:
Monochrome Magic  -  ATG monochrome/optional bow
Make My Monday - Monochromatic 
 Scrapyland - Anything Goes
The Crazy Challenge  - Rustic Elegance
613 Avenue Create  - Anything Goes Optional Monochrome

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun!Here's what Diane has up for grabs to one lucky random draw winner.  And, check out her beautiful creation ... she used this same embossing folder ... what fabulous texture!


Hope to see you there!
As always . . .
Recipe:
Papers:  Ivory 110# card stock, black cs, DCWV burlap cs, DCWV woven cs
Stamp & Ink:  Impression Obsession, Versafine Onyx, Tim Holtz 'Frayed Burlap'
Accessories:  Dimensional Tape, Nuvo Copper Penny Crystal Drops, RRR Country Holiday Collection ribbon, Craft-Dee Bowz bow maker tool, Fine Tip Black Marker
Technique:  faux stitching

25 comments:

  1. Beautifully created with lots of awesome texture. How fun to be able to use up some of the things from your stash, kind of makes you want to make more doesn't it? Love those burlap flowers, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stunner here Dar, great flowers on your background die...love.xx[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all of the elements on this card. From the burlap flowers to the beautiful ribbon bow. Lots of texture and lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous. I love all the texture. I have just started working with the corrugated paper and I'm really enjoying it. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning! Love all the elements!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all that texture Darlene...beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm... I think I need some of that card stock. Gorgeous design. That Sue Wilson die has been on my wish list way too long. Love the touches of ribbon that adds another dimension to your card. Wonderful design for as you said a guy or girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing Card. Love the hessian flowers! Thank you for joining me this month. Lisa Monochrome Magic

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...this is magnificent!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely FABULOUS card. LOVE the burlap flowers with the white embellishments on top...not sure what they are called...stamens??? They just pop on the flowers. I also love the trellis background die - perfect here. Really super creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous card, Darlene! So many beautiful details...the background frame! Awesome. Love the darker leaves and stems with the burlap flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! All that texture and gorgeousness going on with only the tans and neutrals! This is completely amazing and fun, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an absolutely gorgeous take on the DD challenge! I love your lattice background that those beautiful burlap blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Darlene!!! The layering of the flowers are just awesome, love the background with the lattice and that tag with your perfect bow just sets it off nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card, I love the textures and the neutral theme. A delightful design with the embellishments and challenges given. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Darlene! Beautiful design with lots of detail and texture - love those pretty burlap flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and texture love the burlap flowers----Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, this is so gorgeous, Darlene!! The texture is amazing!! I love the flowers!! They look so beautiful!! What a stunning card this is!! Thank you so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. You knocked this one outta the park for sure with all of those delicious details! I love the burlap flowers, but I also like the darker stems added behind them. And then there's that beautiful lattice die cut along with some fancy ribbon. I love the tiny tag sentiment too! This is quite a work of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you stacked the flower against black colour leaves and stems, a brilliant contrast play indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! Your burlap layered flowers look amazing, they are so creative! Loving that lattice background panel too! This is just one of those pretty cards with a fabulous design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!
Darlene