Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fun in the Sun . . .

 . . . enjoy it while & when you can!

Happy Saturday Afternoon Everyone!
There have been a few challenges brought to my attention
that I'd like to play along with, so I got busy this morning after breakfast
and here's what I have created to share today.


One of the challenges that caught my attention  is the Cute Card Thursday challenge and their theme is 'Fun in the Sun'.  As soon as I saw the theme I knew that gave me a chance to play with my Tim Holtz oxide inks again to create a 'watery' background panel.    Of course when I think of water, I go right to the blues & greens.  So, that lead me into the next fun challenge and it's over on the Country View Challenge Blog where their theme is Blues & Greens.  The Simon Says Wednesday Challenge rounded out my card with the theme of 'Add A Sentiment'.

Living in Ohio and both hubby & I being very fair skinned (burn to a crisp in no time at all, lol), we don't do the beach very often.  But, when we have, I must admit there is nothing more calming & relaxing than the sound of the waves as well as the warmth of the beach breezes.  


The colors of oxide ink I used for my background today are:
Faded Jeans
Peacock Feathers
Broken China
Lucky Clover 
Cracked Pistachio.

The dies I have used on today's card are:
which were cut four times and adhered together for dimension
Joy! Craft 'Flip Flops'  6002/0171


I hope you're having a fabulous weekend what ever you might be doing!

Here are a few more challenges to share in:
Crafting With Dragonflies - Embossing (wet or dry)
Inkspirational Word Prompt Challenge - Wave (sentiment banner is waved)
Create & Inspire Challenge #65 - Summer
Ike's World Challenge #95 - ATG option/under the sea

Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by!
As always . . .




Recipe:
Papers:  White cs, Mint Green cs, Pacific Point Blue cs, Scrap of designer paper (flip flops), Scrap of Olive Drab Green (sea weeds)
Dies:  Listed & Linked above
Inks:  Tim Holtz Oxides listed above, Versafine Onyx
Accessories:  Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, TH water bottle, heat tool, white glue



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.